Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games-BOOK REVIEW

This book felt very dark at the beginning, and maintained that dark feeling, but was a very fun read. The story follows 16-year old Katniss Everdeen and her adventures as she volunteers to take her sister's place in a fight for the death on TV. This book was very heartfelt, and I feel the movie (debuting March 23) HAS to be good, to honor the book. I thought at some parts it was two flirty and two much gore and violence, but besides all those facts, it was excellent. I always look for a strong main character in a book. Strongly written, likes and dislikes, and you feel those characters feelings and emotions. Katniss fits that perfectly. My favorite character is 12-year old Rue, also chosen to compete for the death, and feels like a total child.

Overall grade of this book: A+

If I could give it more, I would. It's the best book I've read this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment